Sat, Aug 29|
How to Become a Data Analyst?
Reveal perceptions, consolidate evaluations, generate data controlled solutions and visualize using SQL and Tableau
Time & Location
Aug 29, 2020, 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM GMT+5:30
About the Webinar
Did you know that an average salary of a Data Analyst in today's technical era is approximately $62,453 per year, according to Glassdoor. The increasing demand has driven the organizations to hire people in order to analyze, organize and drive data solutions efficiently and conveniently. A smart business decision would be to hire an employee with a skillset that is beneficial to the company which projects the boom of job requirements for data science and analytics by 364,000 openings to 2,720,000 as per report published in 2020. This will not only include data analytics roles, but also other job roles that require data and analytics skills. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 11.5 million new jobs will be created by the year 2026 catering to industries like Healthcare, Government, Education, TV/Media, Business sector, Suppy Chain and Ecommerce.
What does Data Analysis mean?
As per wikipedia, Data Analysis is a process of inspecting, cleansing, transforming and modeling data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making. Data analysis has multiple facets and approaches, encompassing diverse techniques under a variety of names, and is used in different business, science, and social science domains.
Data Analytics is the science of analyzing raw data in order to make conclusions about that information. Data analytics techniques can reveal trends and metrics that would otherwise be lost in the mass of information. This information can then be used to optimize processes to increase the overall efficiency of a business or system.
Why Data Analytics Matters?
Data analytics is important because it helps businesses optimize their performances. Implementing it into the business model means companies can help reduce costs by identifying more efficient ways of doing business and by storing large amounts of data. A company can also use data analytics to make better business decisions and help analyze customer trends and satisfaction, which can lead to new—and better—products and services.
Earlier data was collected by individuals and now data is either collected by individuals or machines. Data is everywhere and it requires people to collect, manage and organize high volume of data. Producing reliable, repeatable decisions and results and helping out industries to make data-driven decisions.
Some of the real world use cases-
- Billions & Billions of interconnected devices which generates massive amount of data
- Generation of data at an exponential rates
- Sorting of information in order to make predictions for any system
- Advancement of Technology leads to proper understanding and use of data
- Data driven decision making is about using that data to make organizational decisions—by testing, measuring, learning, and iterating
- In aerospace industry Lowering maintenance cost with big data
- To develop a product requirement gathering demands to ask right question which extracted by data analysis
- In advertisements, real time user targeting based on segmentation and preferences
- Smart Hospitals collect data and readings from hospital devices (vitals, IVs, MRIs, etc.) and analyze as well as alert in real time
- In financial companies, fraud detections and mobile notifications
If you are a student, looking to explore the career of a Data Analytics or an established engineer looking to learn a new skill, this workshop is for you to develop concrete, in-demand data skills.
This workshop will help you create a foundation to work in Data Analytics domain. Along with the basic introduction and an in-class project, we will also mentor you the with future scope of how real-world applications are built right from scratch. And also create your portfolio to demonstrate that your data skills to solve complex data problems and real business problems.
Duration: 1.5 hours with 5 mins break
Prereq: Install Tableau Desktop (comes with 14 day free trial) on your desktop/laptop.
You can also signup and install Tableau for Students with FREE 1 year Student License.
What will you get out of this webinar?
1. A Participation Certificate
2. In-class project using SQL, Tableau
3. Take home Assignment
4. Bonus Projects
What will I learn in this class?
1. Introduction to Data Analysis
2. Introduction to SQL
3. Project using Tableau
By the end of this workshop, you will have new Data Analysis using Tableau project under your portfolio.
Stay Tuned for upcoming workshop details !